About Me

My photo
Welcome friend, I'm Lynda Joy - grateful follower of Jesus, honoured wife to my darling, proud mother of 5, home-educator, massage therapist, & enthusiastic creative. I'm delighted that you are here, sharing this God-given treasure-hunt called life with me... So many gifts waiting to be discovered. So, here's to life, joy and health!

11 July 2012

BUT LOVE...

3 GIFTS IN WEAKNESS...

It had always been that way... dark ... lonely blackness ... painful ugliness. That is all I knew. I had heard the happy people say it should be different, but, since the day of my entry to this world, this was all I knew... my reality.

BUT LOVE...God was always close...a gift


I got married.
My darling wanted to come into my world. He wanted to be close. He was optimistic... positive.

I didn't feel understood... retreated further into the darkness.

BUT LOVE... My darling chose to love me...a gift
He loved me for twelve years without saying a word, before I came to see that I was not well. I had a weakness.

Ten further years my darling loved me before I knew I was free of the darkness.


I had been made weak by the lies fed to me by the enemy of my soul. I chose to believe them... formed beliefs around these lies...convinced by the evidence I saw.

BUT LOVE...God reached out and slowly unraveled the chains that bind.  His strength... a gift

He taught me... I learned... slowly... 2 steps forward, 1 step back... this opportunity to learn, a gift.

He led me... still leads me... my Shepherd.





BUT LOVE...

This freedom is humbling... bends my knee in worship...Forever grateful.



~~~~~


"1000 Gifts"...

#138  A walk in the rain
#139  Opportunity to bless daughter with a ride to the bus stop in the heavy rain
#140  Son company in the supermarket
#141  Conversation with family Bible readings
#142  Finding the missing invoice
#143  Sun peeking through at day's end
#144  Quiet family time
#145  Remembering His goodness
#146  Sick son's goodnight request to not wake him in the morning unless he's dead :)


No comments:

Post a Comment