About Me

My photo
Welcome friend, I'm Lynda Joy - grateful follower of Jesus, honoured wife to my darling, proud mother of 5, home-educator, massage therapist, & enthusiastic creative. I'm delighted that you are here, sharing this God-given treasure-hunt called life with me... So many gifts waiting to be discovered. So, here's to life, joy and health!

5 July 2012

"I have learned to kiss the wave..."

A gift FAITH, FAMILY, & FREEDOM...


"I have learned to kiss the wave that throws me against the Rock of Ages" - Spurgeon

My attention grabbed, this thought has played over in my mind as I've gone about the day's activities. At first, my soul cries out "Yes!"
Then I chew it some more and wonder "Do I really kiss the wave?" "Do I embrace it with affection? This hard thing that tosses me about?"
Some hard waves have taught me truths about Him. I have embraced those truths. Is embracing the truth kissing the wave?

I meet my darling for lunch. I share this thought I've been savouring. In the busy food court tears run down. We share food... physically and spiritually.

Why did I embrace the truth? I ponder motives... Was it to make my life better? Was I trying to eliminate the hard thing? Moving away from pain rather than towards reward?

Continuing to move through the list of jobs, I pick up working son. We share about our days and then share spiritual. We savour together.

The Rock of Ages...the safe place...the solid place in times of difficulty. Do I go there to meet my need or because I am so overwhelmed with the love of God? "God loves everybody, therefore God loves me"...is this my belief? Or is it "As a person who finds their treasure in God I am overcome with the depth and richness of His love for me. A love that involves every part of my life and who I am"? More chewing...

Family together at day's end...laughter, talking, eating, enjoying. The food being digested all day is shared and broken down some more. Each taking what they need. Physical rest and spiritual growth as night comes.

A clear night ...cool wind. I enjoy the bejeweled sky. Such brilliance...sparkling at me. I am awed. A moment just Him and I. I feel His invitation to abandon myself to His love...to throw myself willingly against the Rock of Ages. He has my heart.





~~~~~



"1000 GIFTS"...

#117  The love of an awesome God - FAITH
#118  A family that shares openly - FAMILY
#119  The freedom to share - FREEDOM
#120  Birds singing all kinds of songs this morning
#121  Warmth of the sun
#122  Physical exertion in the garden
#123  Phone calls to loved ones
#124  Beautiful colours in flowers




No comments:

Post a Comment