About Me

My photo
Welcome friend, I'm Lynda Joy - grateful follower of Jesus, honoured wife to my darling, proud mother of 5, home-educator, massage therapist, & enthusiastic creative. I'm delighted that you are here, sharing this God-given treasure-hunt called life with me... So many gifts waiting to be discovered. So, here's to life, joy and health!

18 June 2012

3 GIFTS FROM MY HEAVENLY FATHER

"... for GOD is LOVE!" 1 John 4:8



To experience love has been a continual need that I have had throughout my life. I don't think I am that unusual in this need. In fact, I think it's pretty common to everyone. We are not islands created for solitude, but rather designed in His image for relationship. We crave it, seek it, go to all kinds of lengths to get it, yet fail miserably in the finding. That's because we go everywhere but to love itself. This has definitely been my experience.




Throughout my journey, I have found that LOVE was graciously calling to me. I have answered, ... sometimes tentatively, sometimes more openly. At times it has been a struggle to even see/hear/feel Love. The call seemed to have been drowned out by the pain and hurt ringing loudly in my ears. The concrete bunker erected around my heart impenetrable.




But God...

But God in all His patient never-ending love, has thrown my struggling soul some lifelines.

#1 In the Bible, He has given me a Word picture of LOVE
#2 In Jesus, He has shown me a Perfect demonstration of LOVE
#3 In my Darling, He has given me a physical demonstration of LOVE



All are reflections of Himself...LOVE...the one I crave!







No comments:

Post a Comment