About Me

My photo
Welcome friend, I'm Lynda Joy - grateful follower of Jesus, honoured wife to my darling, proud mother of 5, home-educator, massage therapist, & enthusiastic creative. I'm delighted that you are here, sharing this God-given treasure-hunt called life with me... So many gifts waiting to be discovered. So, here's to life, joy and health!

27 June 2012

3 GIFTS IN FABRIC

Unhurried  shopping with three generations ... enjoying the beauty of pretty things ... visiting shops for each other that we might not normally venture into ... chatting about this and that as we meander ... admiring creativity in each other ... delighting in bargains found ...

Home again, we interrupted the 'boys' afternoon with delighted cries of "Look what I found".  They all stopped to listen as we each showed off what we'd purchased. They admired... pleased that their girls had had fun ... pleased that we were happy with our finds ... quietly pleased that they had been able to stay home.

Cutting off labels...

I rubbed my hands over my new blanket... 100% cotton. I have lots of woolen blankets in the linen closet, but I now live in the tropics. Woolen blankets are way too warm, yet in the evening I often want to keep the cooler night air away. God knows... and cares. It had been a bargain at less than half price and exactly the colour I was after. I laid it over the arm of the couch ready for the evening.






Wriggling my toes, I savoured the fluffy slippers. Cotton again, rather than the wool I had grown up with. Perfect for here. I'd been disappointed that the slipper sale had not had much left in my size. I'd wondered about settling for a pair I didn't really like... tried to convince myself that they are only slippers, but, instead had decided to wait until I found something I really liked. As I'd walked away I felt Him tell me to look in the children's section. I've learnt to recognise His voice, but can't say I was convinced. Shame on me for not having more faith in His desire to bless me, for right in the front of the little kid's slippers was a large pair ... just my size ... and I liked them. God knows... and cares.



       
Finally, I folded away a new bra. Ahhhh, the joys of middle age... the changes of each new season. He knows exactly what I need TODAY. He knows just how to support me.



Changing countries, changing climates, changing seasons...
3 gifts in fabric
God knows... and cares!


I am grateful.








No comments:

Post a Comment