About Me

My photo
Welcome friend, I'm Lynda Joy - grateful follower of Jesus, honoured wife to my darling, proud mother of 5, home-educator, massage therapist, & enthusiastic creative. I'm delighted that you are here, sharing this God-given treasure-hunt called life with me... So many gifts waiting to be discovered. So, here's to life, joy and health!

23 June 2012

3 GIFTS THAT ARE DIFFICULT

We awoke to yet another blue cloudless sky in the winter tropics... one of the perks of living in this corner of the world. My darling and the older kids had gone to work. The younger kids had started their school work. A loaf of bread was baking. Morning routine was busy, but normal. Soon my parents, who are up visiting, would be arriving probably armed with a delicious assortment of iced buns and sweet treats. Time to get the kettle on...we don't see them often and I wanted to enjoy every minute of our precious time together.
Ring! Ring! ... a referred client in great pain. " Sure, I'll be right there".
Not too much later I'm in the car driving to her home, when I became aware of that 'overwhelmed' feeling beginning to rise within me. I love my job, but this morning I really wanted to enjoy time with family.
And then I heard Him speak from the deep place..."Do you trust me?"
I knew the answer. Many years have passed of continuous lessons in this class. His patient hand has brought me far  on this journey. "Yes, Lord. I trust you."
"Then dance with Me."

Oh, yes, I want that! I know instinctively that more lessons are ensuing, but I want it.
I choose to trust. I stop thinking of what I am missing and tell myself to give myself 100% to my new client. Soon I am absorbed in relieving her pain. I am grateful.
On completion I make my way home. A beautiful blue hue is still overhead. Family happily wiles away the afternoon until everyone is laughing and telling tales around the dinner table. Thinking we'd finished I am surprised when everyone starts bustling about. What's going on? Big lavish cake, presents...
"Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you..."
It's not quite my birthday yet, but they'd organised it as a surprise in my absence this morning. More laughing. Photos. Time with the family I love.






Is this what dancing feels like?



3 Gifts difficult...? I look back on the day and muse on how things I once found difficult are no longer such an obstacle when I choose to trust His lead.


with grateful thanks Loma Photography©







No comments:

Post a Comment