About Me

My photo
Welcome friend, I'm Lynda Joy - grateful follower of Jesus, honoured wife to my darling, proud mother of 5, home-educator, massage therapist, & enthusiastic creative. I'm delighted that you are here, sharing this God-given treasure-hunt called life with me... So many gifts waiting to be discovered. So, here's to life, joy and health!

14 June 2012

A GIFT UNEXPECTED, UNWANTED, UNLIKELY

I had gone to sleep last night with my list organised of today's activities, only to be awoken early this morning by a child needing an immediate ride to work for an unexpected early start. Before getting out the door I noticed my engagement ring had broken...very unwanted! A conversation with fore mentioned child revealed I had the day all to myself with no husband or children...after 22 years of homeschooling this qualifies as highly unlikely!

with grateful thanks to Loma Photography ©

My tendency of old would have been to be generally annoyed at having my plans messed up, to have felt despondent over the breaking of my engagement ring - sentimental and stretching of already stretched purse strings, etc. - to have wished for a day by myself when I could choose what to do with it, rather than the things I had already committed to.
But He has been teaching me that "...all things work together for good to those who love God..." Romans 8:28 


So, I choose to trust...

with grateful thanks to Loma Photography ©

I trust that every gift is good, and "...every good gift and every perfect gift is from above." James 1:17, "...that my Father knows what I have need of"  Luke 12:29-31.

If I trust Him, I may not sulk because it wasn't the gift I wanted. I must not be annoyed, or despondent, or unthankful. In saying 'Yes' to His gifts, I am saying 'Yes' to a treasure hunt.  There's a sense of satisfaction in putting all your effort into finding the gift, and a thrill that makes it extra special when you 'get it'.

with grateful thanks to Loma Photography ©

I 'got' today's gifts
...unexpected afforded me quality time with working child when she was fresh rather than tired at day's end.
...unwanted allows His provision to shine brighter
...unlikely quiet has been good for my soul. He promised me that.

                                                         Oh, how He loves you & me!

No comments:

Post a Comment