About Me

My photo
Welcome friend, I'm Lynda Joy - grateful follower of Jesus, honoured wife to my darling, proud mother of 5, home-educator, massage therapist, & enthusiastic creative. I'm delighted that you are here, sharing this God-given treasure-hunt called life with me... So many gifts waiting to be discovered. So, here's to life, joy and health!

11 June 2012

3 GIFTS PAINTED

What an exciting day I've had...I am buzzing!

3 gifts FROM HIM that are painted...

... there are SO many! It's true, HE doesn't use paints like we do, but then, what are paints...? Pigments and dyes from plants and soils HE made I believe we are the copy-cats! I mean, HE can throw a few billion stars together and come up with a galaxy or three. My finite mind cannot conceive of such creative abilities. Each night HE sends me a goodnight kiss in the form of a sunset to make me adore HIM again. There are times, I confess, that I don't lift my head from the busyness of life to even notice these, so HE gives me a flower. A thousand reasons to adore HIM,... if I care to notice.

So, today I got out my paints and began to copy the MASTER...





















with grateful thanks to Loma Photography ©




Words are another way HE paints. God 'painted' in Genesis 1 as HE called forth our world. And HE has continued to paint through those who penned the Bible for us. Knowing our finiteness and propensity for interpreting things inaccurately, HE graciously gave us a living demonstration in Jesus to help us 'get it'. Jesus is the Word.
John 1: 1-4 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God..."


...the one into who's image I am being changed...


















Romans 8:28-29 "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to HIS purpose.
For whom HE foreknew, HE also predestined to be conformed to the image of HIS Son, that HE might be the firstborn among many brethren."




with grateful thanks to Loma Photography ©


...So, in my being conformed into HIS image, I realise that  I am a painting of HIM. Every painting is different depending on which medium is used. Sometimes we go from the lights to the darks...sometimes from the darks to the lights. But a painting always needs both...contrast. Unfortunately -that's how I often feel-, I am no exception. However, knowing HE's a MASTER craftsman... I trust HIM and keep going back to HIS feet to be transformed some more. And every now and then I am given a glimpse of how the 'painting ' is changing. It's so encouraging to see how far I have come.























with grateful thanks to Loma Photography ©






#1000gifts#joydare

1 comment:

  1. A very creative daughter enjoyed some photography today. Thank you, Joanna

    ReplyDelete